Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Mom's Birthday


Yesterday was my mom's birthday. My dad stayed home. First my mom and dad went to breakfast. Grandma came and watched us. Then when they came home, we gave her presents. Dad gave her a gift certificate to the spa. All of the kids gave her homemade jewelery. Then we gave her cards. Along with the matching shell necklaces for her and I, I made her a doll quilt. My mom has this really old chair in her room that Abraham Lincoln might have sat in! I made the quilt for that chair. She loved it. Everything I gave her was homemade. I had to hand sew it, because I do not know how to set up the sewing machine on my own. First the cat ate some thread. Then I sewed the quilt to the carpet on accident. I did not have my mom there to help me undo knots, so I broke the thread several times. Then we went on a ferry. It was really fun. We ate lunch at a crepe place. Then we looked at a granola factory. They don't make as good granola as my mom does! We walked around a bit. It was a really small, quiet town.We ate ice cream. I got watermelon ice cream. It was really good. We walked some more until it was time to get back on the ferry. Then we stood outside. When we got home we went to the Old Spaghetti Factory. We got there to early, so we went to the pet store. After dinner we got more ice cream! A little after we got home, I went to Activity days. I had lots of fun yesterday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment